In with the old, out with the new

What do the two classic sci-fi series “Jurassic Park” and “Star Wars” have in common? Besides the fact that most fans agree that both films take a major quality drop in later installments; both had a trailer for a new film come out recently.
So what fans are now wondering is if these two new films can live up to the fame of the original movies.
One certainty is that the trailers for these movies are getting people’s hopes up for what is to come. From a triple bladed lightsaber in “Star Wars” to Chris Pratt riding a motorcycle with velociraptors in “Jurassic World,” if the movies are anything like the trailers, they should attract a lot of positive attention.
Unfortunately, it is rare that a movie actually lives up to the trailer. Many fans are skeptical of the idea of a new movie happening at all, saying that they cannot live up to the legacy set up by their predecessors. Others say that because of all of the time that has passed since the last installments of the movies, the directors and writers have had time to see what they did wrong and correct themselves.
The “Star Wars” trailer features the Millennium Falcon flying through the desert to the original “Star Wars” theme; many people were excited to see a new lightsaber with wrist guards and a new type of droid.
Some of the more hardcore fans complained that all of these new features in the trailer did not keep with the original spirit of the movies.
The “Jurassic World” trailer had almost the opposite problem, leaving many people complaining that the trailer paid too much homage to the original movies and was too afraid to be its own film.
But just like the original films, there were angry paleontologists complaining about the scientific inaccuracies of the dinosaurs.
While these two trailers were well made, what the fans real problem is whether these trailers are actually conveying what these movies will be like, or if they were made just to get nostalgic fans to go to a sub-par movie.
The original “Star Wars” movie was released in 1977 and made $35,906,661 in its opening weekend on Feb. 2.
“Jurassic Park” on the other hand was released in 1993 and made $18,620,145 in its opening weekend.