Welcome to the New Trier News

Welcome to the New Trier News 2022-23! We’re excited to share quality work this year through our new e-editions arriving every other week, and our four print issues distributed to students during the school year. In the meantime, look out for consistent updates to our website, which has been revamped for the upcoming year.

Our coverage and content this year will be varied and spread throughout multiple platforms. Article coverage is lumped into four categories– News, Sports, Opinions, and Features, with the addition of Arts and Entertainment (A&E). As we’ve always done, we will continue to cover student life at school in clubs, teams, academics, and policy changes, and report student perspectives on national and international issues.

Additionally, we are planning to tackle one major focus throughout the year with our in-depth analysis. Our focus can range from big problems in the world, like climate change, to school-wide issues, such as mental health. Contact us at [email protected], or DM us on Instagram (@newtrier_news) and Twitter (@newtriernews) for what you would like us to cover. 

Alongside keeping up with our articles, we want you to get ready to bring your competitive spirits with our literary contests this year! From editorials to cartoons and captions, the New Trier News is eager to see the journalistic potentials of this year’s Trevians.

New Trier News is continuously trying to innovate how we produce our stories. Our commitment to excellence has gained national recognition and earned multiple awards. This past year, we took home awards from multiple contests, including the American Scholastic Press Association, where we were named the “Most Outstanding High School Newspaper” for the 2021-2022 school year. We also competed live and submitted articles for statewide contests, including the IHSA Journalism State Final and the Illinois Journalism Education Association annual contest, for which we won 15 awards and honorable mentions.

For the upcoming year, we will continue to challenge ourselves not just by covering the life of the school and community, but by testing our skills against other students in journalism contests around the nation, and by attending an upcoming conference in St. Louis! 

Although the number of print issues is less than we’d prefer, we’re hopeful to increase our viewership and serve our community of readers by writing meaningful content, and giving students an unsilenceable voice. 

You can help support our mission by subscribing to our weekly eblast. Be the one of the first to read stories like “that PDA article,” if you subscribe to our newsfeed, we won’t let you down. Check out the New Trier News online, on Instagram, on Twitter and even on TikTok and we might blow you a kiss.