Dewey’s joint is a sandwich sensation

Dewey’s, the new burger place on Vernon Avenue in Glencoe, provides a vast menu of simple but hearty food for the North Shore. The unique restaurant has has a homey but modern interior, with red and white walls, sleek chairs, and large art pieces that epitomize and add a fun flare.

It’s not overpriced, but it isn’t your average burger joint prices. Maybe it shouldn’t be though, as the restaurant focuses on providing fresh food. They even advertise it on their website, “Dewey’s – Fresh food for all of us.”

A cheeseburger and fries will run you seven and and a half dollars, which I think is reasonable for the North Shore. Overall, the prices seem pretty fair for their quality of food.

There is a wide range of American foods served on the menu. There are hamburgers and cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and sliders. They go the extra mile with “The Dewey Burger” and “The Fridge,” which are gourmet burgers.

Toppings include bacon, Merkts cheese, and fried eggs on the Dewey, and parmesan with and Italian pot roast on the Fridge.

The menu expands beyond burgers and dogs. For the chicken lovers there’s wings, sandwiches, and tenders. The specialty pizzas include meatball and prosciutto with arugula. Philly cheese steak, meatball, chicken vesuvio, Italian pot roast, and more are all sandwiches from the owner’s other restaurant, Merlo’s in Highland Park. Also included are specialty fries from Greek to buffalo. Salads are included, too.

Dewey’s also provides a great range of desserts for those with a sweet tooth. You can find Homer’s ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato, and sorbets on the menu. Carol’s Cookies are also served on the menu.

I went to Dewey’s with my family, and was able to get a taste of multiple items from the menu. We all agreed that we liked the atmosphere and thought that the artwork on the walls was really unique and fun. I ordered the Italian pot roast sandwich served with fries and a delicious red-wine sauce. The meat was cooked very well and all the food was nice and hot by the time it arrived at our table. My brother got a cheeseburger, which is fared comperatively other North Shore burger joints. My parents both got the chicken sandwich which was really tasty.

Also, we ordered the Italian fries with truffle oil and parmesan, which were bursting with flavor. The fries were also thick, but crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Our service was fast and the staff was nice.

Dewey’s is a good place to go for a casual night or a good place to bring kids. Delivery hours are between 5 and 9 pm. Dewey’s phone number is 847-835-6225. For anyone who likes a great local burger, a wide variety, warm atmosphere and excellent price all make Dewey a great place to stop by in town.