Swift and Kelce are the real deal

Swift and Kelce’s relationship is more than a PR stunt
Avrilllllla and All-Pro Reels on flickr

It feels like everyone on social media has been fixated on one new topic: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s relationship, and one stance I have been hearing is that their relationship is all Public Relations. While normally, I do think PR teams do construct stories to gain attention on social media, I don’t think this is the case with Swift and Kelce’s relationship.

At the beginning of Swift and Kelce’s relationship, I was skeptical.  From the start, there was so much coverage and publicity around them as a couple, and I immediately thought that their relationship was meticulously planned by a PR team. But then I got to thinking, and wondered how this supposed PR stunt would help boost Swift’s career. Isn’t she already famous enough?

Even within their busy schedules, they are managing to make time for each other, showing strength and commitment in this new relationship.

Then, after seeing that Chief ticket sales have gone up 3x, Kelce’s jersey sales went up 400%, and Kelce gained over 300,000 on Instagram new followers after their relationship surfaced in September, I started thinking that their relationship was meant to help expand the NFL’s image, not Swift’s.

It is an undeniable fact that the NFL has gained an entirely new fanbase of Swifties, with more new people than ever before interacting with the NFL by either watching games, reviewing reels, or buying merchandise. However, as their relationship goes on, I suspect that it might be more than PR, because why would Swift want to boost the NFL’s profits? It just doesn’t make sense. 

I don’t think either Kelce or Swift has an agenda to profit from either, and I think that they are both way too committed in this relationship for it to be all PR like some people think. 

First, Swift has been seen at multiple of Kelce’s games, and Kelce has been to her Eras Tour. In fact, Kelce said that he is planning on joining Swift during her international Eras Tour, which starts in November. Even within their busy schedules, they are managing to make time for each other, showing strength and commitment in this new relationship.

Although Swift hasn’t commented much on her relationship, Kelce has shared how he is committed and protective when it comes to Swift.

Kelce said, “I feel like whenever I’m on a date, I’m always having the sense that I’m the man in the situation, I’m like protective.”

Kelce was also seen telling Swift’s security to step aside so he could open the door for her. All of their moments together seem too thoughtful for it to be all planned out by some PR team.

After taking into account that this relationship is far too committed for it to be a PR stunt, and after it went public that Kelce purchased a new home outside of the public’s eye to have some privacy, I really started to believe the legitimacy of it.

Don’t get me wrong, Kelce definitely has had some financial gain from this, and the NFL has been working hard to keep Swifties interested in them. But, in light of everything, I do think Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are the real thing.