Introducing This Year’s Editors

This is an exciting new year for The New Trier News. We have a larger staff, an expanded website (newtriernews.org), and have made the New Trier Examiner its own separate publication. All of these changes will help us in our mission to deliver quality, compelling student journalism to the New Trier community.

Ben Portnoy, Joey Schuman, and Lynley Evans are this year’s Editors-In-Chief. They will oversee every detail of the newspaper.

Our expanding online website is all thanks to online editors Sarah Wong and Sam Braganca. Their tech and computer experience will help in creating a website full of new and intriguing articles. Their work also will expand to social media this year.

The Examiner has two Editor-In-Chiefs: Jeremy Lee and McKenna Patterson. They are eager to use their creativity to transform The Examiner into its own independent paper.

Leah Pearlman, Abby Burton, and Lydia Wuorinen are this year’s opinion editors. They will spice up the paper with interesting and controversial opinion articles.

The sports editors for this year are Danni LeServe, Martin Oppegaard, and Nick Krauskopf. They won’t miss a beat when it comes to everything Trevian sports-related.

Features editors Max Borushek and Maddy McVey are here to cover everything from special events at New Trier to the latest fashion trends. Their interest in current events will help keep the features page a must-read.

The news editors are Katherine Rhea and Julia Patton. They are commited to bringing you the latest breaking news stores.

Diversions will be headed by Nick Merrill. What is a great newspaper without great pictures? Our photo editor is Emmy Minturn.