Our picks for Week 8 of fantasy football

For those setting their Week 8 lineups, here’s what you need to know
Wikipedia
With zero teams on a bye, the NFL’s Week 8 is a must win for many fantasy teams

Bijan Robinson’s latest disaster, where he only got one carry in the Falcons 16-13 win, shows how hard it is to predict the best lineup. Still, some players have recently shown just how valuable they will be as the season continues. Here are 15 players to acquire (or let go of) to get a victory in Week 8.

Panic:

• Calvin Ridley: For those who haven’t already begun to panic, it’s time. There’s no excuse in a game Christian Kirk tore apart the Saints’ defense for Ridley to make only one catch. Ridley draws a great matchup against Pittsburgh next week, so a good performance should up his value enough to trade.
  • Amari Cooper: It’s been very up and down throughout the year, but another Deshaun Watson injury means the Cleveland offense will likely be held in check next week. This is especially concerning considering the Browns scored 39 points last week, but Cooper put up just 22 yards. It’ll be hard to bench him against Seattle next week, but don’t expect much.
  • Damien Pierce: Pierce continues to do little with his touches, which has resulted in a decrease in volume. With Stroud’s success, the Texans have become content using Pierce less, and as Singletary takes more and more touches, Pierce shouldn’t be in starting lineups next week.

Patience:

• Aaron Jones: Despite his second underwhelming return from injury, he’s the most dynamic player in Green Bay. Jordan Love has proven he can’t connect with his receivers deep, meaning short passes to Jones will come once he heals. Expect Jones to take away most of AJ Dillon’s 17 touches in a good matchup vs. Minnesota.
  • Davante Adams: He would have had a 20 point performance if not for a dropped touchdown. The Raiders offense needs more than their QB to return to become decent, but they made it clear they weren’t lying when they said they wanted Adams involved. With Garoppolo expected back next week, Adams should be in line for plenty of catches.
  • Kyle Pitts: Only three catches isn’t a great showing, but with Desmond Ridder throwing he was bound to have a down week. The Falcons are finally beginning to use him as was always expected, so with a favorable matchup at Tennessee, Pitts should be started as an elite tight end.

Trade:

• Chubba Hubbard: Posting a solid performance after the ever so injury-prone Miles Sanders went down, Hubbard is an excellent candidate to be sold at a high price. Coach Matt Rhule does not believe that Sanders’ injury is a long-term issue, so you are best off trading Hubbard to a team that needs a short-term running back option. His value will decrease substantially when Sanders comes back. 
  • James Cook: Cook put up one of his best statistical performances of the season last week against New England, but his snaps were split nearly in half with Latavius Murray. People keen on looking at pure statistical output will certainly see the appeal in Cook, but he is due for a down week.

Trade For:

• Bijan Robinson: Assuming  his illness is longer longer an issue, Robinson is one of the most dynamic running backs in the NFL. Do not pass up on the chance to snag him from an owner frustrated with his no-show performance last week.
  • Jayden Reed: With injuries to Aaron Jones and a Christian Watson likely to limit their production, Reed has an ideal opportunity to step up for quarterback Jordan Love. He has shown some flashes thus far, but Week 8 is his chance to really burst onto the scene, especially against the feeble Vikings secondary.
  • Tony Pollard: Despite putting up only 30 rushing yards against the Chargers, Pollard remains a three down back that can be relied on in all leagues. He is a viable RB2 option for anyone in need of a piece that shouldn’t be too difficult to acquire. 

Check the Waivers:

• Dalton Kincaid: He’ll likely only be an option for those with higher waivers. Coming off an 8-75 breakout performance, it should only go up the next few weeks with Dawson Knox scheduled for wrist surgery. He’s well worth the waiver right now, and should see the second highest volume in Buffalo’s impressive offense.
  • Kyler Murray: He’s almost back. With a Week 10 expected return, stashing him for a few weeks is the best option in two QB leagues or for teams with QB injuries. His rushing upside, while probably lower than years prior, will make him a low end QB1 upon his return.
  • Tyjae Spears: He could potentially be this year’s league winner. He’s shown he’s dynamic, especially in the passing game where he’s recording at least a catch each game. With Derrick Henry likely to be traded, Spears is good enough to handle an every-down role and would immediately become a high RB2 if Henry is traded.