‘Taylor Swift: Eras Tour’ movie ends the Great War

Taylor Swift released her concert on the big screen, so now everyone can enjoy it for a fraction of the price
Picture+from+the+Taylor+Swift%3A+Eras+Tour+movie+during+the+performance+of+the+song+Fearless+
Green
Picture from the ‘Taylor Swift: Eras Tour’ movie during the performance of the song ‘Fearless’

Many people were defeated by “The Great War,” also known as the Ticketmaster presale for The Eras Tour. With the newly released “Taylor Swift: Eras Tour” movie, the concert is now widely accessible to many people. 

Showings started Oct. 13, and movie theaters have been flooded ever since. Exclusive popcorn buckets and soda cups with the Eras Tour logos and special movie posters with light-up foam wands are available at many of the showings and have been a huge hit. 

The movie was filmed on the last night of the first leg of the tour at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. Many fans took this movie as their opportunity to see the show. They dressed in flashy album-themed outfits and went to their local AMC theater. Many people made bracelets and traded them which is a tradition from her previous concerts. So really, it was an authentic concert experience. 

The environment inside the theater was what you would imagine. There was a sense of community and everyone was just happy to be sharing this experience with others. When I first saw the movie, people were dancing with each other, and everyone was singing along to the songs passionately. The atmosphere felt like a smaller version of the real concert. I felt like I was a part of a community that was hard to find elsewhere.  

The almost three-hour movie is the first of its kind. Swift is selling her concert in a way that is accessible to everyone. Although she still makes money off this show, she knows there were countries she was not going to perform in or people out there who were not able to buy tickets. The movie tickets are roughly the same price as a ticket for any other movie. 

It is also a great way to experience a concert without spending $700 or more on tickets. These days, even movie tickets are expensive. People simply could not spend an arm and a leg on concert tickets. There is a certain appreciation from Swifties to Taylor for making this experience possible for them.

What has stuck with me since I left AMC that night is that it felt like I had front-row floor seats and box seats all at the same time because of the changes in camera angles.

What has stuck with me since I left AMC that night is that it felt like I had front-row floor seats and box seats all at the same time because of the changes in camera angles. You could see the show from every seat’s perspective. It felt like I was in SoFi Stadium and saw the show from a completely different view. 

Taylor Swift has done a service to her fans by making this movie. Giving almost everyone access to this experience is something that is unique to Taylor and shows the bond she has with her international fan base. This concert/movie is one of the many amazing movie releases this year along with Barbie and Oppenheimer. And for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, it’ll be the night you couldn’t quite forget when you decided to go and see the “Taylor Swift: Eras Tour” movie.

View Comments (1)

• T

Terry Martin
    Feb 15, 2024 at 11:57 am

Not a fan of her’s but she’s alright sometimes.

Reply